Understanding The Risks Of Mold Damage In Chippewa Falls Homes

There are various signs that mold has contaminated your home. Visible signs of mold are often fuzzy, green, gray, or black that grow in circular patches. Mold can be found in areas of high humidity areas and is generally paired with an earthy or musty odor. If you are exposed to mold for prolonged periods, you might experience headaches or other allergic reactions, such as skin reactions and respiratory issues. Mold can be dangerous to your health, and you must call a mold remediation specialist as soon as possible. Not only does mold damage your health, but it damages your property as well.mold damage chippewa falls

Four Harmful Side-Effects of Living With Mold in Your Chippewa Falls Home

Living in a home affected by mold damage presents substantial risks to your health and your property.

  1. Health effects: There are a wide variety of health effects that mold has on our bodies. Mold can trigger allergic reactions such as coughing, throat irritation, congestion, as well as eye and skin irritation. Mold can also be very dangerous for those with asthma or weak immune systems, as they can have severe reactions. Numerous people are allergic to mold, and in most cases, it is recommended to stay away from your home while it is contaminated.

  2. Poor indoor air quality: As mold grows, spores are released into the air, which reduces the air quality. This can worsen pre existing health effects and create a musty, earthy odor throughout the entire home.

  3. Neurological Symptoms: As mold continues to spread through a home, it can lead to neurological issues such as headaches, dizziness, and memory loss. Mold is not only dangerous to your immune system, but to your neurological system as well. Mold can affect cognitive function the longer you are exposed to it.

  4. Structural damage: As mold damages a structure, it can deteriorate not only the drywall and contents in a building but also the framing and insulations. Mold can rapidly compromise the structural integrity of walls and ceilings which leads to safety hazards and expensive repairs.

Professionals to the Rescue

Finding mold in your home can be a scary experience, but there is no need to panic. If you make a point to pay close attention to high humidity levels in your home, or any potential water damage such as failing appliances or leaky pipes, you can promptly call a restoration company. The sooner you can call a professional, the sooner you can mitigate mold damage in your home. Professionals are trained to take care of all of your mold remediation needs. They can inspect and assess the cause and extent of the damage, as well as all of the health and safety concerns, using proper equipment and protection. They can restore the air quality, educate on prevention, and ensure that your property is genuinely mold-free.

Our TRAC Solutions technicians have all the tools and equipment needed to accurately determine the mold damage’s scope. They have a proper protocol for effective mold removal due to their attention to detail and trained technicians. Don’t hesitate to call our team immediately when you doubt whether or not your home may have mold.